- Metal constructions are the most common choice in the domain of building works of a large size. Steel is the basic material of construction of metal buildings, as its anti-seismic qualities and architectural flexibility constitute its main advantages. Thanks to its high durability in relation to its low specific weight, metal buildings result in being more economical in comparison with the respective constructions made of reinforced concrete.
- In Macedon Constructions we regard the pre-construction phase as the most important part of the whole project of constructing an industrial building. Our aim is, through the strict and meticulous procedure preceding the beginning of the construction works, to deliver the work on the earliest date possible, minimizing at the same time the construction cost.
- Specialized workforce works exclusively on finding your industrial space and also on the subsidization study of your building. For the construction of your industrial building and the covering of your needs (production space, office building, storage space etc.), experienced company partners are there to assist you, such as architects, civil engineers, mechanical engineers and highly specialized and equipped construction gangs.
- The building is composed of two separate functions: on the one hand the storage space and on the other hand the two-floor office building, the reception room, the semi-outdoor space and the green space at the ground floor. This option minimizes the energy requirements and heating-cooling loss of the building, due to the limited surface of its sides, while reducing the use of resources for its construction to minimum. At the same time, always aiming at low energy consumption, the various shadings of its high transparency sides (metal perforated sheets which in some places function as ‘gratings’ and in other places function as blinds) have been studied, depending on the orientation of the building and its behavior in relation to the movement of the sun.
The sides of the new building correspond to the function of the spaces they enclose. Therefore, the main storage space is covered with steel stone wool dividers, which reflect the rays of the sun, while functioning as a mirror of the surroundings, integrating the building into the landscape. The office building is externally coated with sheets of a highly durable oxidized steel alloy, which forms a protective oxidization cover (hydrated iron oxide) when exposed to the atmosphere.
- Also included in the category of industrial buildings:
- Storage rooms
- Multi-storey mixed buildings with office use or housing use
- Buildings built on top of already existing ones, for professional use or housing, which constitute the only safe solution for relatively old buildings, taking their low weight into account
- Special buildings: amusement halls, exhibition halls, sports centers, agricultural buildings etc.